RIDGELAND, Miss. – Southern AgCredit recently promoted six employees.
- Ted Murkerson, chief credit officer, was promoted from senior vice president to executive vice president. He began his Farm Credit career in 1992 working for Northwest Florida Farm Credit and later joined Southwest Georgia Farm Credit, both within the AgFirst District. He was formerly a relationship manager at Farm Credit Bank of Texas and joined Southern AgCredit in 2008. Murkerson is an active member of the Farm Credit Chief Credit Officer Workgroup and has served on several FCC Services steering committees. He is a graduate of Troy State University with bachelor’s and master’s degrees in business administration and lives in Jackson, Mississippi.
- Steele Hardin was promoted from loan officer trainee to loan officer in the Greenwood branch office. Hardin graduated from Mississippi State University with a bachelor’s degree in kinesiology. He began his career with Mississippi Farm Bureau Insurance, first as an agent in Jackson and later in Indianola. He resides in Greenwood with his wife, Sarah Beth, and their daughter.
- Holly Greco was promoted to loan administrator of the Greenville branch office. She joined Southern AgCredit in August 2018. Greco has a degree in phlebotomy from Mississippi Delta Community College. She and her husband, John Michael, live in Leland with their two sons.
- Lylla Joe was promoted to marketing and communications manager in the Ridgeland administrative office. Joe holds a bachelor’s degree in fashion merchandising and a master’s of business administration degree from Delta State University. She joined Southern AgCredit in 2013 as a credit analyst then was named marketing coordinator in October 2017. Joe and her husband, Michael, live in Madison with their two children.
- Jenna Peyton was promoted to loan administrator in the Greenville branch office. Peyton, who holds a bachelor’s degree in business administration from Middle Tennessee State University, joined Southern AgCredit in 2018 as an office administrator. Originally from Dyersburg, Tenn., Peyton has lived in the Mississippi Delta for 15 years with her husband, Bryan, and their two children.
- Dana Smith was promoted to loan administrator of the Greenwood branch office. She has a bachelor’s degree in business administration from Delta State University. Smith joined Southern AgCredit in 2017 as an office administrator. She and her husband, Scott, live in Carrollton with their daughter.
“We have a talented staff here at Southern AgCredit,” said CEO Phillip Morgan. “It’s a pleasure to recognize these individuals for their hard work and commitment to the success of our association and our customer-owners.”